- Recycle Center
Downtown Recycling Center is at 13th and Pitkin Avenue
NEW: Food Scrap drop-off is now available at the Recycling Center! Bring all your food scraps including meat, dairy, and bones either in a reusable container that you can dump out or in a paper bag. Food scraps will be composted at the South Canyon composting facility, and the compost made from them is available for purchase year-round at South Canyon for only $31.50 per ton.
The City of Glenwood Springs Recycling Center opened to the public on Tuesday December 8, 2020, reestablishing a convenient recycling center in downtown. The Recycling Center is located at 102 13th St. and is adjacent to the Rio Grande Trail.
- The recycle center is closed on Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays.
- No after hours drop offs available. Please do not leave recyclables at the front gate when the Recycling Center or South Canyon Landfill is closed. The area is under video surveillance.
- All recyclables must be clean.
- Residential use only (not for business use).
- No Styrofoam or plastic bags are accepted.
- NO IDLING VEHICLES
Individuals can recycle clothes, shoes, and other household textiles in the designated bins at the Downtown Recycle Center.
- All items deposited in the collection bins must be clean, dry, and tied in a plastic bag. A sturdy plastic bag protects the items from dirt and simplifies handling.
- Accepted items include clothes, shoes, and house textiles (tablecloths, towels, bedding, blankets, etc.). regardless of condition.
- Unacceptable items include mattresses, furniture, appliances, carpet, and trash.
Waste & Recycle Combination Program
Individuals may drop off 30 gallon bags of household trash for $4 each when also dropping off recyclables.
Downtown Recycling Center102 13th St.
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
Adjacent to the Rio Grande Trail
Wednesday 8am - 5pm
Recycling Center Hours
Thursday 8am - 5pm
Friday 8am - 5pm
Saturday 8am - 5pm
The Recycle Center is closed on the following holidays:
New Years Day
Day After Thanksgiving
- Brown paper bags
- Corrugated boxes broken down flat
- Plastic bags
- Bubble wrap
- Boxes that are not broken down
- Plastic containers - #1 through #7 only
Must be rinsed & empty
- Cans - steel, tin, and aluminum
- Aerosol cans - empty
- Needles, mirrors, windows or other sharp objects
- Plastic bags
- Lids of any
- Chemical bottles/oil containers
- Metal other than cans
- Plastic other than containers
- Aluminum foil
- Glass Beverage Containers - Including Beer, Wine, & Liquor Bottles (All Colors)
- Drinking & Wine Glasses
- Jars & Containers
- Lids for Containers
- Ceramic Cups and Dishes
- Plastic Bags and/or Trash
- Pyrex or Cookware
- Mirrors, Windows, & Light Bulbs
- Paper books
- Large catalogues
- Beer/Soda/Pizza boxes
- All paper materials suited for the composting process
- Paper egg cartons
- Toilet paper & paper towel rolls
- All plastic & glass materials not suited for the composting process
- No organics: No grass clippings, leaves, manure, and stall bedding
- Magazines and catalogs
- Newspapers including the inserts
- Slick (shiny) junk mail
- Office paper
- Plastic bags or plastic materials of any kind
- Bundled or tied newspapers
- Hardback books
Household BatteriesWe accept residential batteries at the Recycle Center at no cost. Please note that vehicle batteries are not accepted at the Recycle Center, only the Landfill office.
We do not accept plastic bags at this facility. Thank you for not leaving them in any of our seven containers or on the recycling grounds. Please reuse or dispose of them properly. City Market and Wal-Mart have bag drop-offs.
Toxic and Hazardous WasteNo toxic or hazardous wastes accepted. Used motor oil can be taken to any local lube shop or to Checker Auto Parts during regular business hours.
Electronic WasteWe accept electronics, i.e., TV's, stereos, speakers, computer printers, and copy machines for a fee as established by the recycling agency. We accept light fixtures, i.e., incandescent bulbs, fluorescent, sodium, metal halide, for a fee. For more information regarding the recycling of electronic waste please contact the South Canyon Landfill at 970-945-5375.