Full closure of Midland Ave. from Devereux Road to Wulfsohn Road will begin at 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 13 and last until 6 a.m. Friday, October 14.
RFTA Bus Detours and Some Stops impacted 10/8-10/18 during 8th Street Bridge Closure
The City is anticipating traffic impacts to west Midland on Oct.13-14 as crews place a 120-foot long pedestrian bridge crossing of Midland Avenue, just south of the railroad bridge. The bridge is part of construction of the West Midland Multi-Use Path intended to provide a safe route for pedestrians and cyclists from the Glenwood Springs Middle School to downtown Glenwood to use during the Grand Avenue Bridge detour in 2017 and beyond.
• A one-lane configuration on west Midland will be set up starting at 6 p.m. on Thursday, October 13 to allow for crane set up.
• Full closure of the road from Devereux Road to Wulfsohn Road will begin at 8 p.m. and last until 6 a.m. the following day, Friday, October 14.
• During this time, motorists will need to use Devereux Road, 27th Street, I-70 or U.S. Highway 6. (Motorists using Midland Ave. from 8th Street to 27th Street are asked to drive carefully. The speed limit is 25mph along Midland Ave. from 8th Street to 27th Street.)
• 8th Street Bridge CLOSURE Oct. 8-18 - Crews have begun construction of 8th Street connection to downtown. A full closure of the 8th Street Bridge is scheduled for Oct. 8-Oct.18. During this time, motorists are asked to use Exit 116 or the Grand Avenue Bridge as alternate routes. A signed detour is currently in place for bikes/pedestrians traveling on the north side of 8th Street. A new temporary path on the north side of the street is under construction. Bike/pedestrian access will remain open for the duration of construction of the 8th Street Bridge via the sidewalk.
• On 10/13, there will be no RFTA bus service on Grand Avenue between the hours of 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. due to Midland Avenue construction. From 10/8 through 10/18 RFTA buses will not service the Courthouse and 7th Street bus stops due to the 8th Street Bridge closure and detour. Passengers who normally use these stops should use the 9th Street stop instead. For additional information and maps, please see www.rfta.com.