Traffic will be impacted on I-70 through Glenwood Canyon and on Highway 82 for a CDOT Rock Fence Improvement project.
Please take into account that the traffic holds will cause long backups and delays for both east and westbound I-70 motorists and to plan accordingly. At this time there is not a need to close any rest areas and all traveling motorists will still have access.
The project will be in operation Monday - Thursday from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm.
Ongoing Traffic Impacts
• Rock Fence Improvements on I-70 will begin at mile point (MP) 122 and continue to MP 125.
• Westbound I-70 has a 10 ft. width restriction during hours of operation for the duration of the project.
This Week's Travel Impacts
• Monday, April 30
- Westbound right lane closure on CO 82 at mile marker (MM) 4.82
- Westbound left lane closure on CO 82 at MM 0.03
- Eastbound right land closure on I-70 at MM 135 and MM 115.76
• Tuesday, May 1
- Westbound right land closure on I-70 at MM 135.1 and MM 134.6
Work will consist of rock anchors, post foundations, and sign replacement. The improved and higher capacity rockfall fences will help to further mitigate traffic impacts from rockfall in the canyon.
For more information or to be added to the project update list please call 970-456-1482 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about other CDOT projects the public may log on to CDOT'S traveler information website at www.codot.gov, www.cotrip.org or call 511 from anywhere in the state.
Thank you for going Slow for the Cone Zone!