News Flash Home
The original item was published from 8/14/2019 4:57:14 PM to 8/21/2019 11:05:01 PM.
Glenwood Springs News / Noticias de Glenwood Springs
Posted on: August 15, 2019
[ARCHIVED] ConeZone: 27th Street, CO 82, Midland Ave.
Know Before You Go: August 15-21
Read below for construction travel updates for 27th Street Bridge, CO 82 improvements and Midland Avenue paving.
27TH STREET BRIDGE:
- TODAY 8/15: Construction of the new roundabout at 27th Street and S. Grand Ave. begins today, Thursday, August 15. During roundabout construction, motorists should anticipate narrowed driving lanes and various lane closures. Delays are anticipated.
- S. Grand Ave. between 27th Street and Penrose Plaza is closed and will remain closed until approximately mid-September.
- No left turns are allowed from westbound 27th St. (towards Midland Ave.) to S. Grand Ave. Anyone intending to head towards Buffalo Valley will be directed towards the Midland roundabout and to loop around and return to the intersection for a right turn.
- Access to businesses along S. Grand Ave. between 23rd St. and 27th Street remains open via the north S. Grand Ave. entrance at 23rd St.
- Plan extra travel time, especially when school begins on Monday, August 19. Please be alert in the construction zone as traffic patterns will be changing throughout this work.
- SAVE THE DATE 8/21: Night closure of 27th Street Bridge, S. Grand Avenue intersection, Atkinson Trail and the Roaring Fork River scheduled for Wednesday, August 21 from 8 PM-6 AM for concrete pours for the deck of the new traffic bridge.
- Anticipate construction noise and lights for night work.
- 27th Street Bridge traffic will be detoured via 8th Street. S. Grand Avenue motorists will be redirected via Colorado Highway 82. Local business and residential access will remain open.
- The pedestrian and bicyclist detours for 27th Street Bridge and Atkinson Trail are via the Old Cardiff Bridge or via the 14th Street Bridge. Follow posted signage.
- No through river access at 27th Street after 8PM. Call before you float, 618-5397.
- Información Sobre el Proyecto: Por favor comuníquese con el equipo del proyecto con cualquier duda y le contestaremos tan pronto nos sea posible, 970-618-5379.
- Milling and paving on eastbound CO 82 (upvalley) for CDOT CO 82 improvements is underway.
- Crews are working in several different locations throughout the corridor for guardrail replacement, curb ramp improvements, utility work and paving operations.
- Plan extra travel time between Glenwood Springs and Carbondale and remember to go slow for the Cone Zone.
- To sign up for traffic and trail impact updates, please contact public information via email, email@example.com, or phone, 970-340-4333.
- South Midland asphalt work is expected to be complete this week. Asphalt work will continue in the Park West neighborhood through next week. Read more here: http://cogs.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=348