School is back in session on Monday and roundabout construction is well underway. Please read closely to see the new traffic configuration for the 27th Street and S. Grand Ave. intersection.
27th Street and S. Grand Ave. Intersection Routing Changes
School is back in session on Monday and roundabout construction is well underway. Please read closely to see the new traffic configuration for the 27th Street and S. Grand Ave. intersection. This traffic control setup aims to disincentivize use of the intersection as a bypass for CO 82 while keeping business access open and preventing traffic backups on CO 82 and Midland Ave.
Beginning Monday, August 19:
- NO LEFT TURNS in work area during construction operations. Click here to view the map.
- Plan at least 20 minutes extra travel time through the 27th Street Bridge construction area. Increased traffic begins Monday, August 19 with schools back in session for the fall semester. Additionally, CDOT CO 82 paving on the eastbound travel lanes continues. Plan for 15-20 minute delays between Glenwood Springs and Carbondale.
- No thru access at S. Grand Ave. and 27th Street. Use 23rd St. entrance for alternate access.
- No left turns to S. Grand Ave. from 27th Street. Use Midland roundabout to make right turn to S. Grand Ave.
- No left turns from S. Grand Ave. onto 27th Street. Detour via Buffalo Valley for residential access, use CO 82 and 8th Street for access to Midland Ave.
- Right turns only from ANB Bank lot. Use Midland roundabout for access to CO 82.
- These routing changes are anticipated to be in effect through mid-September. Shifting patterns will occur throughout roundabout construction. Go slow for the cone zone!
- Access to businesses along S. Grand Ave. between 23rd St. and 27th Street remains open via the north S. Grand Ave. entrance at 23rd St.
Wednesday, August 21:
- Night closure of 27th Street Bridge, S. Grand Avenue intersection, Atkinson Trail and the Roaring Fork River scheduled for Wednesday, August 21 from 8 PM-6 AM for concrete pours for the deck of the new traffic bridge.
- Anticipate construction noise and lights for night work.
- 27th Street Bridge traffic will be detoured via 8th Street. S. Grand Avenue motorists will be redirected via Colorado Highway 82. Local business and residential access will remain open.
- The pedestrian and bicyclist detours for 27th Street Bridge and Atkinson Trail are via the Old Cardiff Bridge or via the 14th Street Bridge. Follow posted signage.
- No through river access at 27th Street after 8PM. Call before you float, 618-5397.
Phone (call or text): 970-618-5379
Información Sobre el Proyecto: Por favor comuníquese con el equipo del proyecto con cualquier duda y le contestaremos tan pronto nos sea posible, 970-618-5379.