Updated September 29, 2021
Dates, times, and construction activities are subject to change. Please plan extra travel time and follow postage signage when driving through work zones.
Construction on Wulfsohn Road - Road Closure & Bus Stop Changes
- Motorists should anticipate a closure of the westbound lanes and parking on Wulfshon Rd. between E Meadows Dr. and Market St. starting Wednesday, September 29 due to construction. The impact is anticipated to be in effect for approximately one month. View map >>
- Community Center Bus Stop Closure and Glenwood Meadows Bus Stop Relocation - Due to construction at Glenwood Meadows the following service impacts will take place starting on Wednesday, Sep 29th until further notice.
- BUS STOP RELOCATION - Glenwood Meadows Stop ID# 169 (WESTBOUND TO GLENWOOD PARK AND RIDE ONLY) will be relocated to the corner of W. Meadows Rd and Wulfsohn Rd (the corner of Lowe’s and Chili’s) Please look for signs indicating the relocation. View relocation map >>
- BUS STOP CLOSURE - Glenwood Rec Center (WESTBOUND TO GLENWOOD PARK AND RIDE ONLY) will be closed and will not have RG, BRT or L services. The closest RFTA/RG/BRT stop will be Glenwood Meadows. Plan accordingly. Thank you for your patience.
I-70 Glenwood Canyon Nighttime closures anticipated 10/1 and 10/3 (9/29 night closure cancelled)
- The Colorado Department of Transportation has cancelled the planned night closure tonight of the eastbound lanes of I-70 in Glenwood Canyon due to the forecasted weather in the canyon. A closure is still scheduled for Friday, Oct. 1 from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. and now planned for Sunday, Oct. 3., to allow work to take place. Westbound lanes will not be affected and will remain open. The work is essential for crews to be able to rebuild the eastbound retaining wall that supports the eastbound lanes. Crews will be able to safely work more quickly without traffic on eastbound lanes, which is important for reaching the goal of having all lanes open by Thanksgiving. The overnight closures on Friday and Sunday will require eastbound travelers to use the recommended northern alternate route (more information below). The eastbound closure point will be Exit 116/Glenwood Springs.
- View current conditions at cotrip.org >>
- Motorists planning to travel on I-70, visit rest areas or use the recreation path in Glenwood Canyon should pay close attention to weather forecasts. If there is rain in the forecast, be prepared for a safety closure of I-70, rest areas, and recreation path.
- During a flash flood watch, rest areas and the recreation path along Interstate 70 in Glenwood Canyon are closed. During a flash flood warning, CDOT implements a safety closure plan for I-70 which closes I-70 in both directions in the Glenwood Canyon between MP 116 (main Glenwood Springs exit) and MP 133 (Dotsero). Additional closure points are also implemented at MP 109 (Canyon Creek) and MP 87 (West Rifle).
South Midland Ave. (Keep South Midland Moving Project)
- Read the latest project update for full details >>
- Regular lane closure hours on South Midland are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays between 9 a.m-3 p.m.; Wednesdays between 9 a.m. – 2 p.m; and Saturdays 8 a.m-6 p.m.
- Motorists should plan extra travel time on Midland Ave. and connecting roads. Work may occur on connecting roads outside of the times listed above.
CO 82 and 14th Street/11th Street Intersections - CDOT CO 82 and CO 133 Signal Replacement Project
- The CDOT signal replacement project on CO 82/Grand Avenue will occur at 11th Street and 14th Street and on CO 133 at Village Road and Meadowood Drive. Motorists should plan for street closures, turn lane closures, and lane closures on CO 82.
- View anticipated traffic impacts and read more >>