Midland Ave, Riverside Drive, Blake and Cooper Alley between 11th and 12th Street
Dates, times, and construction activities are subject to change. Please plan extra travel time and follow posted signage when driving through work zones.
Alley Reconstruction between Blake and Cooper / 11th Street and 12th Street
- August 15-31, 8:00 AM-4:00 PM
- For alley reconstruction including milling and repaving
- Alley driveway access may be limited during construction hours.
- Some residents may experience trash pick-up delays.
Riverside Drive and School Street / Connection to River Trail Lane Closure
- August 18-19, 7:00 AM-3:00 PM
- For mill, repave, and regrade
- Pedestrians and bicyclists may experience intermittent 2-10 minute holds during the work
- Access to the Recycle Center remains open
- Alternate trail connections available behind Glenwood Springs High School and Glenwood Springs Elementary School
Midland Ave. Lane Closure at 8th Street
- August 23-24, 7:00 AM-6:00 PM (Weather dependent)
- For repaving on Midland Ave.
- Motorists should plan for a single lane closure on Midland Ave. near 8th Street
Switchback Trail Closure between Midland Ave. and Red Mountain Dr.
For the Roaring Fork Pump Station Pipe project construction, the switchback portion of Red Mountain Trail between Midland Avenue and Red Mountain Drive is closed until mid-September. For alternate access to the Red Mountain / Jeanne Golay Trail, use 10th Street or Red Mountain Drive.