- What are the cart size options and what will the new prices be?
- The size options for trash will be 32 gallons every other week, 32 gallons, 64 gallons, and 96 gallons.
- The size options for recycling carts will be 32, 64 and 96 gallons.You can select any size for recycling as long as you recycle cart is the same size or larger than your trash cart.
- Pricing will include both trash and recycling.
- Will I get brand new carts?
- Maybe – the hauler is allowed to reuse existing carts if they are usable.
- What happens to my old carts?
- The hauler may choose to refurbish and use them if they own them, or they may not, it is up to the hauler. If your old carts are owned by a hauler who does not win the bidding process they will take back their carts.
- What if I sign up for a large trash cart but really only need a small one?
- You may call the city and request a size change, during the sixty month of the program this will be free.
- What if I have more trash than fits in my cart?
- You may bring your extra trash to the recycle center or the landfill and throw it away for $4 per bag. If you leave it at the curb you will be charged an overflow fee which will be more than $4/bag.
- What if my neighbor and I want to share a cart?
- We don’t have a way to do this, but the cheapest and smallest option should be very affordable for people who are conscious of their waste.
Cart Swap Details
In October or the early weeks of November, customers will receive mailed information about your trash and recycling day of the week, pick up calendars, and recycling information. Existing carts will be picked up either by the trash hauler who owns the cart or by the city. Mountain Waste and Recycling will drop-off new carts to each household.
Collection will occur at the curb or alley line depending on the customer’s property and current service location. An exhibit of where the cart should be place during your pickup day will be included in the information packet sent to you.